Tuesday, August 7, 2007

We have a plan!

Finally. The architect's office wrapped up the plan last Friday (August 3rd). It is now being reviewed by the county so that we can get a permit for the renovations. The estimated time for the permit is about 3 weeks ... which takes us to the end of August.

The cabinets are in transit and should arrive in about 1 week. Yes, that poses a slight problem but the delivery company should be able to hold them for about 2 weeks. My next task is to order the appliances which takes about 3 weeks for delivery. If all goes well, the electrician, plumber, drywaller and carpenter should be wrapping up their handiwork before the applicances arrive. If not, it'll be like fittin' 10 lbs of sugar in a 5 lb sack!

My best guess for the kitchen to be ready is mid September ... perfect time to take advantage of the cooler weather, the fall harvest and red wine!

Many thanks to Mike, my contractor, for his patience as I try to apply my technology project management skills to this effort.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I will pass the word. I really enjoyed shopping at the store. You were both very helpful with my "i" shower gift. Remember me, the icecream scoop and the martini/icecream glasses in Bavarian crystal. Love them! So did the bridal couple. Can't wait to come in and take advantage of classes etc. Rose