Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Counter tops in one week!

The counter tops will be installed next Tuesday, November 13th, first thing in the morning. Once they are in place, Mike and Keith will install the appliances and get the final inspections wrapped up.


There hasn't been a lot of significant change in the past week. Most of the holes in the walls have been closed up. Tomorrow Keith will close up the ceiling. The hood still needs to be installed as well as the water heater. These should be taken care of before the counter tops are put in.


After a few days of stressing (what else is new), I finally found the bar stools that I wanted. I looked every where -- locally and on the internet and then looked again some more. I finally narrowed down my search to: a counter height stool (24 inches without a cushion and 26 inches with a cushion) made of wood with a dark stain and a simple back. Once I knew what I was looking for I couldn't find it at a decent price in the time frame that I needed. And then ... it hit me ... Bernice's son-in-law, Blaine, is in the business. He and his family own Brawley Furniture in downtown Mooresville. I spent less than 30 minutes with him last Friday and got everything squared away.


Here's what the counter stool looks like. I think it's much better looking in person! As soon as the hood and counters are in, I'll post more pictures.


AND GUESS WHAT?
I'm working on the schedule for cooking classes and wine tasting through the end of the year! WHOO HOO!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Linda:
First of all, Congratz! for all this great work! Love it!
Second, you should be proud! My Thanksgiving event was very successful! We included crab dip (fantastic!!) buttersquash soup, cranberry relish jelly, stuffing, deep fried turkey, ham, three-apple and yams side, potato puree sweet bread pudin and pumpkin pie!!!! ........ I'll share some pictures....! Thanks!!! av