Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Appliances are Here!

Oops! I did it again. It's been three weeks since my last blog.

We are finally making progress! Whoo hoo!! After the last post, we faced another hurdle. Since April of this year new state rules are in effect for cooking schools which requires the health department to review building permits/plans for cooking schools. After speaking with the local health inspector to understand the new guidelines and tweaking my approach to the classes, we got approval to move forward from the health department. We've also found a way to modify the hood we've selected to meet the fire department's requirements. We're waiting for final approval and the actual building permit.

In the meantime, I had to take delivery of the appliances. They arrived yesterday and are stored in my garage right next to the cabinets and all the merchandise we bought for fall and the holidays. If I don't get the permit soon, I may have to hold a garage sale. We decided on stainless steel Kitchen Aid appliances which I'm very excited about. We'll have two ovens, a cook top, a full size dishwasher, an overhead hood, a microwave and a refrigerator. I feel like I compromised on the refrigerator ... I really wanted side by side with water and ice maker but had to settle for one that has the top and bottom doors because of space issues.

Let's hope my next post is soon and it's good news = permit!

No comments: